Global English & Hindi typing practice
Enter the Typing Galaxy

Learn keys chapter by chapter, warm up with games, and build speed for exams, coding, office work and daily keyboard confidence.

32 Typing Chapters

Follow the complete key-by-key course from home row to symbols, numbers and coding syntax.

Begin Lessons

Typing Games

Warm up with Letter Rain and Letter Shooter before lessons to make daily practice more addictive.

Open Game Hub

Exam Practice Mindset

Train accuracy, rhythm, WPM and focus for SSC, UPSI, RO/ARO, court typing and office work.

Practice Fluency

Typing Lessons (In Order)

Loading lessons...

Wednesday, January 28, 2026

Lesson 8: Upper Row - Right Hand (U I O P).

TypingScore Lesson 8 upper row right hand keys U I O P typing practice
Chapter 08 original world

Sky Patrol

Right upper-row flight path for Lesson 8: Upper Row - Right Hand (U I O P)..

UIOP

Lesson 8: Upper Row Right Hand

Keys: U I O P + Space

Time
08:00
WPM
0
Acc
0%
Click here to activate...
UIndex
IMiddle
ORing
PPinky
Space

Lesson 8 Finished!

Speed: 0 WPM | Acc: 0%

Reaching Up: Mastering the Right Upper Row (U I O P)

Welcome to Lesson 8 at TypingScore.org. In the previous lesson, you conquered the left side of the upper row. Now, we switch focus to the Right Hand Upper Row keys: U, I, O, and P.

How to Type the Upper Row?

Just like with the left hand, keep your fingers on the Home Row (J, K, L, ;) and reach up only when needed.

  • Right Index Finger: Moves from J to U.
  • Right Middle Finger: Moves from K to I.
  • Right Ring Finger: Moves from L to O.
  • Right Pinky Finger: Moves from ; to P.

The "Home Row Return" technique is vital here. After pressing U, I, O, or P, your finger must immediately return to its resting position.

Common Challenges

The **P** key is often the hardest because it requires a significant stretch for the pinky finger. You may feel a slight strain at first. This is normal. Take breaks if needed. The **U** and **I** keys are easier but require precision to avoid hitting adjacent keys.

Why Practice U I O P?

These vowels (**U, I, O**) are the building blocks of almost every word in English. Without mastering them, typing speed will always be limited. The letter **I** is particularly frequent in words like "is", "in", "it", and "this".

Focus on accuracy first. Speed will naturally follow as your muscle memory builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment